Caribou migrate in the Porcupine River tundra in the Yukon. If you are taking photos of big game in the N.W.T. for profit, you need a permit. (Rick Bowmer/The Associated Press)

What you need to know about wildlife photography in N.W.T.

N.W.T. creatives are laying into the territorial government after an Inuvik photographer was cautioned by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) for posting his drone footage of a grizzly bear online.

CBC News, first published on August 1, 2019

That photographer, Kristian Binder, runs Eighty One Images, a business that sells calendars, mugs and other items printed with his nature photographs. The department says anyone taking photos or video of wildlife for commercial purposes must get a permit.

This was a revelation to Binder, and to many online. They were stunned to learn government permission is necessary in the N.W.T. before snapping and selling wild animal photos… More

Categories: Society
Tags: ,

Do you want to report an error or a typo? Click here!

For reasons beyond our control, and for an undetermined period of time, our comment section is now closed. However, our social networks remain open to your contributions.